Taking simple tactical ideas created on the training field to the game situation. Coaches teach certain movements in training; players take ownership of them in the game situation.
How to Break Down Player Movements:
- The following presentation is designed to simplify all the potential Patterns of Play of young players at 8 v 8.
- This is done by showing a two player rotation per slide.
- Eventually we will show several movements but coaches need to build up to these slowly and with patience.
A Team Pattern of Play:
- Patterns of Play are designed to be practiced to help players identify common situations in the game itself.
- When these situations occur the players involved will think about the movements within a pattern of play (that they practiced in training) and will re-enact them in the game.
- Our goal is to make this an unconscious decision where the players don’t even have to think about it; they just do it naturally / instinctively.