- Footwork and coordination movements for balance and changing direction,
- Dribbling techniques are practiced & reinforced every time,
- Rondos to teach positioning, footwork and foot preparation and body stance as well as improve and speed up decision making
- Developing the thinking process through specific “training the mind” exercises,
- 1 v 1s plus 1 possession games with support and building them up in numbers to 2 v 2 plus 1 and so on using and transitioning with outside players to develop rotational patterns of play;
- Finishing Techniques focusing on “Movements to get free” and shooting in both the corners of the goal;
- A small sided game situation bringing it all together based on a particular theme (so many different game situations taught) which is vital for the players to end on.
- Examples of SSG’s; One touch development; Movement off and “away” from the ball; Switching the point of attack; Zonal defending; High pressure games to speed up decision making; Shooting and Finishing games; Transition games highlighting the importance of when “possession changes” and what players need to do; Pressing games to improve immediate defending principles and so on.
Welcome to the Soccer Awareness Coaches Corner. Browse through soccer drills, small sided games, tactical thoughts, full sessions and a variety of resources. Posts marked “Training Center Exclusive” are for members only.