The following comes from the Soccer Awareness 12 Week Academy Level Training Plan!
Do you want to get to the next level in your team's soccer development? If so check out this specialized coaching and training program by our Founder, Wayne Harrison, is designed to cover: Technique; Skill; Physical; Tactical and Psychological / Mental Developmental Training.
Area: 8 yards by 8 yards
Progression: Reduce the size of the Circle to play in smaller spaces to test the players
- Keeping the ball away from the central player
- Passing and maintaining possession
- Different number of touches (try 2 touches to start)
- Defender must work hard to win the ball; set challenge 10 passes means defender stays in
- Body position and foot preparation is vital when playing one touch
- Assessing the next pass before receiving the ball
- Call the name of the player they are passing to before receiving the ball to show their decision was before receiving the ball
- Add two then three defenders
Warm Up: Circle Keep Away One Touch Only Against 1
Players can move on the outside to help each other and open up,a passing lane, just a yard either side can make all the difference.
Warm Up: Circle Keep Away One Touch Only Against 2
When two defenders are in try to split them with a pass. This is a good warm up for the players and begins the awareness decision making process of rcognizing the pass BEFORE receiving the ball.
Warm Up: Circle Keep Away One Touch Only Against 3
This is a good warm up for the players and begins the awareness decision making process of recognizing the pass BEFORE receiving the ball. A bigger challenge with 3 defenders.
Add an Attacking Player
Try to work with the inside player as often as possible. Rotate the defenders and rotate the inside player. (11) has unlimited touches, outside players one touch only.