Wayne Harrison is a former professional player and has been a highly qualified professional coach for many years. He has held the position of Academy Director at Blackpool Professional Football Club in England and at Al Ain Professional Football Club in the UAE. Wayne has produced more than 30 books with the Soccer Awareness program and has partnered with Amplified Soccer to reproduce these books with updated content, layout and more. Each eBook is a professionally produced pdf that is available for instant download. We will be releasing each book individually as it becomes available so check back weekly.
We hope you enjoy!
Ultimate Youth Coaches Training Guide
Ultimate Youth Coaches Training Guide
Complete 6 to 10 Year Old Developmental Coaching and Training Program
More than 750 pages of session, drills, theory and more to get you started or take your team to the next level.
This program is perfect for youth coaches wanting practices to start their soccer coaching education and it is also for those more advanced and experienced coaches wanting to train their players as best they can at these wonderful open minded ages for development and education of both the mind and body. Our plan is to help all coaches at whatever level of experience they are at.
This book aims to provide the best educational information possible for all coaches of players from 6 to 10 years old in terms of the Technical, Tactical, Skill, Psychological and Physical attributes players need at these ages and then bring it all together in a team concept. As the age group raises so does the type of training required.
Limited Time: Get a free copy of Best of Soccer Awareness ($12.95 value) with your purchase
Based on the recent USSF recommendations of team sizes for particular age groups we have added our beliefs on the 4 v 4, 7 v 7 and 9 v 9 game sizes associated with 6 to 10 year olds. Also for other Associations worldwide we have included the 8 v 8 team concept which is still be being used. Add to this we thought it pertinent to add simple ideas at the end of the Curriculum on the 11 v 11 beyond age 10 for coaches who want to plan ahead of the game for their players. We go up to the 8 v 8 game situation here as the focus is on that format at these ages. As this program is showing the foundations of practice for youth players as individual and as team players we have progressed the team concepts to go with the tactical development; as shown; that will complement the understanding and learning capacities of players at these ages.
We hope you enjoy this curriculum and that it provides you with all the tools to teach the game to your players at whatever level of play they belong to
What You Receive
- More than 750 pages of coaches training and practice information and resources to help you become a better coach today
- Complete 6 - 10 Year Old Developmental Coaching and Training Program
- 140+ Training Sessions, 50+ Small Sided Games and more!
- Tactical Thoughts on the Development of the New 4 v 4, 7 v 7 and 9 v 9 Game Sizes
- Example Curriculum Showing the Progressive Development of a System of Play
- Hyperlinked table of contents
- Instantly downloadable low resolution version of the guide
- Access to password protected page containing high resolution version broken down by section with 24 hours allowing you to quickly access the section that you want
Table of Contents
- Session Planning Overview & Theory
- Training Structure
- Warm Ups and Cool Downs
- Fast Footwork, Coordination and Speed Training
- Coaching and Training Topics Overview
- Dribbling Sessions
- Passing and Movement Sessions
- Combination Movements Sessions
- Receiving and Turning Sessions
- Running with The Ball Sessions
- Awareness Training Sessions
- Circle Training Sessions
- Shooting and Finishing Sessions
- Striker Movement Sessions
- Defending Sessions
- Heading Sessions
- Crossing and Finishing Sessions
- Goalkeeper Training Sessions
- Keeper Training for Crossing and Finishing
- Small Sided Games 3 v 3 and 4 v 4
- Defending Small Sided Games
- Small Sided Games: 6 v 6 Development
- Defending 6 v 6 Small Sided Games
- Small Sided Games: 8 v 8 Development
- Tactical Thoughts on the Development of the 4 v 4
- Tactical Thoughts on the Development of the 7 v 7
- Tactical Thoughts on the Development of the 9 v 9
- A Simple Introduction: The 5 Phases of Play in the 1-3-3-1-3
- Defensive Rotational Recovery Positions in 7 v 7, 9 v 9 and 11 v 11
- Conclusion / Example Curriculum Showing the Progressive Development of a System of Play